Monday, January 10, 2011

Valentine Vintage Ruffle Heart Cookies


I'm a bit of an old fashioned vintage loving girl at heart sometimes.

An old fashioned, pink, heart, vintage, cookie loving girl, so I guess is no surprise that I loved these cookies.

 

These cookies are made by cutting out white fondant and then using a thin round 'frilling' tool or toothpick rubbing gently back and forth to carefully stretch the fondant making the ruffles.

I used the same cutter for the fondant as the cookie but if you have one just a little bit smaller that would be even better as all that rolling really does stretch out the fondant.

 

I carefully placed the fondant onto the cookie and using the end of one of my food decorating paintbrushes I lifted the fondant until I got the folds where I wanted them, then I lifted up the ends of the heart one end at a time and brushed on some water and gently secured/rubbed the fondant onto the cookie .

Then I cut a smaller heart in pink and made small holes using the end of a #1 Wilton piping tip. Once again I popped it onto the white heart with a tiny amount of water.


This is what it looked like at that stage.....it's sweet and I liked it but for me I needed to add a little extra heart, so that's what I did, a little extra red heart in the corner.

 Awe, so sweet I could gobble it all up........and I did.

12 comments:

  1. That's so adorable Linda! I don't suppose you want to help me with a party for Miss TikiBoo? (Seriously!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww great idea for Valentines Day! Love the ruffle edge detail Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so sweet! A little old fashioned, a little vintage and a whole lot of perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, Christmas is over, ahaw, but lets look forward to Valentines Day, yay! Those cookies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so adorable, great for valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the ruffle! Such a cute cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful decorated cookies, love the design and especially the ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely....they look like their perfect for a Valentine's celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ruffled edge is gorgeous and feminie! I love it.

    Ps. I'm glad I found your blog

    ReplyDelete